School Values - Challenge and Inspire to Flourish
At BPS we believe a creative and challenging curriculum can foster the development of a life-long love of learning. By empowering every individual to achieve their own potential they will grow into confident adults ready to shape their own and others’ futures.
1. We will INSPIRE every child:
• To develop a life-long love of learning, through providing an exciting, ever-evolving curriculum which meets their needs and interests.
• Through the provision of a welcoming and positive school environment which is conducive to high quality learning.
• To enable pupils to explore and be imaginative, creative thinkers.
• By caring for and nurturing each individual child, so that they become reflective, thoughtful and respectful citizens.
• By modelling desirable behaviour, conduct and personal presentation at all times and demonstrating a positive approach towards learning and each other.
2. We will CHALLENGE every child:
• By encouraging an active, inquisitive approach to learning.
• To open their minds and value the thoughts and opinions of others.
• To develop their independence, innovation and individuality
• By encouraging all pupils to have high aspirations and enabling them to believe in their abilities and talents.
• Curriculum planning challenges the children.
• Regular assessments and progress reviews will ensure that all children are making the expected progress.
3. We will support every child to FLOURISH:
• By ensuring that all pupils are both supported and challenged in their learning, with work being provided that enables them to make good progress.
• By creating an environment where the skills of every child are allowed to flourish and successes in all areas are celebrated.